Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Know the Risks
Carbon monoxide poisoning is one of the greatest in home dangers. It is caused by appliances that use a natural gas such as water heaters, stoves and gas furnaces. It is potentially fatal and occurs when your breath in carbon monoxide. You can’t smell it, see it or taste it, which is what makes it so dangerous. The best way to prevent this is to install a carbon monoxide detector.
Here are some signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of consciousness
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.